Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Golden Golf Gloves




Golfers. I have been surrounded by them all of my life. Not to mention, I occasionally attempt to be one. From my experience of watching and playing the game, I have learned that golf is fickle. One day you have the best round of your life, the next day you are spraying balls in every direction, far from the target. Naturally, frustration and anger may arise. So how does one deal with these negative emotions? Why not soothe your fury with fashion - express your personal style while playing the beloved game with colorful golf accessories!

Last weekend I was reminded of this while watching J.P. McManus play at the Pebble Beach AT&T Pro-Am Tournament (pictured on the left). Straying away from the traditional white or black styles, he wore a green golf glove. Love it! Who knows - it may have even contributed to his team win with Padraig Harrington ;)

When I shared this with my family, they reminded me that my late Grandpa Jack Donovan also went the non-conventional route and wore a red golf glove when playing the game (pictured on the right, 1986). This is in addition to playing with his reliable yellow golf balls. Amazing! We are definitely related because we share the chic gene.

So, what can we take away from these two Irish gentleman? The importance of bringing more interest and levity to this tedious game - even in the smallest ways. Cheers to that!



A Selection of Colored Golf Gloves:
http://g-fore.3dcartstores.com/MENS-GLOVES_c_1.html

Article about J.P. McManus & Padraig Harrington's Recent Win:
http://www.mercurynews.com/golf/ci_19952191

No comments:

Post a Comment